Powell Eddison Solicitors Sign Up For The ‘Mindful Employer’ Charter
Posted on 21st April 2022 at 10:03
Powell Eddison Solicitors, has demonstrated its commitment to employee wellbeing by signing the Mindful Employer Charter, a national pledge for employers who are positive in their approach towards mental health and wellbeing.
The Charter aims to increase awareness of mental health in the workplace and helps businesses to provide a supportive working environment.
Across the UK there is a wide range of employers who are involved with the Charter and have access to relevant information, training, networking and practical support.
The Charter contains six values, which we fully embrace:
1. To provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill-health
2. To not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work
3. To be positive and enabling toward all employees and applicants with a mental health condition
4. To support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace
5. To ensure they are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010)
6. To make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill-health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health conditions will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
Powell Eddison Director, Sara Parascandolo, commented that “At Powell Eddison we recognise the importance of good mental health and we are pleased to demonstrate our commitment to our employees, and we recognise that the mental health of our staff is a priority within our organisation.” Sara continued “We are pleased to play a part in working towards achieving better mental health at work and in doing what ever we can to support our talented and dedicated staff.”
At Powell Eddison we are proud to join the other signatories and work towards good mental health for all our employees.
To learn more about MINDFUL EMPLOYER, please visit their website: www.mindfulemployer.net
Tagged as: News
Share this post: