Our team of expert divorce solicitors will guide you through the process and will assist you with the more complex areas of divorce and the drafting of documentation.
In England and Wales you can apply for a divorce if:
01. You have been married for at least one year; and
02. You can prove that your marriage has irretrievably broken down.
To prove the marriage has irretrievably broken down you must show one of the following:
01.Your spouse has committed adultery;
02. Your spouse has behaved in such a way that it would be unreasonable to expect you to go on living together;
03. You and your spouse have lived apart for two years or more and your spouse consents;
04. You and your spouse have lived apart for five years or more whether or not your spouse consents; or
05. Your spouse has deserted you for a continuous period of two years.